- A suitable childcare qualification
- A valid first aid qualification
- Valid public liability insurance
- Have undergone an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check
- Be registered on the voluntary part of the Ofsted Childcare register
For families looking to use Childcare Vouchers to pay their nanny, a nanny must have:
Registering with Ofsted can take some time and requires filling in an application form as a ‘Home Childcarer’.
- Application fee - £109
- Public Liability Insurance - ranges between £70 – £90
- DBS Check (formally CRB) £68
- 12 hour Paediatric First Aid - approx £150 (unless the nanny already holds a valid certificate)
- ICP Course or 'Homecarer Course' - approx £120 - £220 (if the nanny requires childcare training this should be verified with OFSTED).
More information can be found on the Ofsted website.